By Aya S (Staff Writer)
TORONTO, ON – The inaugural Canadian Arts & Fashion (CAFA) Awards happened in Toronto on Saturday, February 1st and the continuous snowfall did not stop those devoted to fashion from celebrating the best in Canadian design, fashion and talent.
CAFA was the brain child of Brittney Kuczynski and Jackie Gideon, who joined forces with Susan Hart (Jackie departed to focus on her beauty brand) and later on, Vicky Milner to bring CAFA to life.
Hundreds came to celebrate with an awards dinner at the Royal York Fairmont Hotel and bar none, the gowns, dresses and fashion pieces were a showcase in itself. More came to join the Sephora sponsored after party and drank the fashionable night away.
DSquared2 received 2 awards, Coco Rocha won model of the year and Jeanne Beker received a special tribute for her lifetime contribution to fashion and media.
After Party Highlights:
Bumble and Bumble’s hair station, Bite lipstick (Sephora) giveaway, lamb sliders and something you would least expect at a fashion party, a poutine station!
Here are the winners from CAFA 2014:
- International Designer of the Year: Dean & Dan Caten of DSquared2
- Womenswear Designer of the Year: Jeremy Laing
- Menswear Designer of The Year: Travis Taddeo
- Accessory Designer of The Year: Dexter & Byron Peart of WANT Les Essentiels de la Vie
- Canadian Style Award: Joe Mimran
- Image Maker of the Year: Chris Nicholls
- Stylist of the Year: George Antonopolous
- Model of the Year: Coco Rocha
- Emerging Talent Award: Sarah Stevenson
- Outstanding Achievement: Dean & Dan Caten of DSquared2
- Vanguard Award: Jeanne Beker